Friday, June 1, 2012

Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon

Description on the bottle: Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon is a jammy wine with robust flavors of wild berries and currants.  Hints of toasted oak and clove enhance the velvety smooth finish.  Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon is perfect with beef, lamp, red sauce pastas and sharp cheeses.  Outstanding!

Sarah says:  I like it!  I got brave and went with a red wine again tonight.  I figured if I just keep trying, I'll eventually like it.  It's like kids, they say you have to give you kid a food 10 times before they'll like it.  I've given them peas at least than many, they still won't touch it.  But, in this case, it worked for me!  I like this red wine.  It's easy to drink, it doesn't leave me with that dry taste that red wine of leaves in my mouth.  It's taste is pleasant and comfortable.  I'd definitely drink this again!  I'd also like to add, that I ate some spaghetti first, so I met it's red sauce pasta recommendations.  That's a first.  I also read this article that states that the best time to write is after three drinks.  Apparently, you are supposed to be able to focus more.  So, I'm finishing up my third glass as I type this, maybe that's helping too.  I don't care, I like it!  One more note, I really enjoy how on the back of the bottle it lists all of it's information as "Footnotes".  Maybe it's the accountant in me, but that is just awesome.

Overall rating:  Thumbs UP!

Sarah says:  Is there anything better than being barefoot?  I love it.  I only put on shoes and socks to leave my house. In the summer, I don't bother with socks at all.  If I'm at home, 99% of the times I'm barefoot.  Occasionally in the winter, on particularly cold days, I'll throw on some slippers, but it's pretty rare.  Putting on socks is absolutely the very last thing I do before leaving the house, and taking them off is the very first thing I do when I walk in the door (ok, hugging my kids is the first, then I take off my socks).  They are especially uncomfortable at the end of the day, when my feet are a little more swollen, and my socks might even be slightly damp, they've got to go.  I don't think I was always a barefoot freak, I think it started when I began working and started wearing trouser socks, they leaving indents in my calf's that are unflattering and uncomfortable.  Therefore, the socks gotta go.  Wow, as I type this, I realize how unsexy of a topic this is, talking about sweaty feet and trouser socks.

Moving on, I think there is more to be said about being barefoot that just comfort though.  Being able to go outside barefoot is a sign of summer.  One we've had a few glimpses of lately, and it's been wonderful.  It feels like a freedom, and a privilege.  Every now and then I go get the mail totally barefoot, and it's oddly exhilarating.  Some days it's too cold, some days it's raining, some days there are too many people around and I don't want them to look at me weird.  Those rare days that I can make it down the driveway and back without slipping on my Crocs, it's the greatest.  Maybe I'm crazy, but of all the ways to be, being barefoot is my favorite.

Maybe I like this wine simply because of it's name.  Hmmm.... maybe I'll have another glass!

1 comment: