Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Comique Revolution Blanc - Cut the Fluff






















Description on the bottle:  They'd add extravagance to outdo one another; cost was a virtue, scarcity a prize.  We told them they'd topple, but they never listened.  We had no choice but to Cut the Fluff.  Our white wine smells like Apple blossoms, juniper berries & honeydew.  Tastes like white peaches, custard & salted pain perdu.

Sarah says:  First of all - I'm really confused about all the crazy writing on this bottle.  I think it's supposed to be funny (and maybe it will be after a few more glasses), but right now, I'm just at a loss.  What is a salted pain perdu?  I mostly bought this wine because I thought the pictures were funny.  It's a little hard to see in these pics, but try to notice on one side of the bottle he has hair, and on the other side he's bald... made me chuckle.  I didn't read the writing until I got home, and this part has me stumped!

Second of all - this wine is just ok.  I actually wish there was more fluff!  It's fairly plain.  It would probably taste good with food - since it wouldn't take away from the flavor of whatever you were eating.  But since I'm doing my tasting after dinner, it tastes a little boring to me.  It's easy to drink, doesn't leave my mouth dry, I'll give it that.  I would like to say I'd try it again with a meal, but I know that I probably won't.  Sorry, little funny guy - I'm not that impressed.

jon says: this wine is very unimpressive. i don't know what the deal is with some of these wineries, i feel like they all just kinda blend in together making it impossible to distinguish one from the other. boo!

Overall rating:  Thumbs midway up for it's attempt at humor.

Speaking of fluff... check out what Jon did to Liam's hair!!  My poor kiddo is bald!  Jon is officially banned from the future of all kids haircuts.  At least it's summer, and his hair grows fast!  I wonder, is this one of those things that guys mess up on purpose so that they don't have to be in charge of them anymore?

jon responds: it was an accident! i wouldn't deliberately make my son bald.

No more fluff
On a completely unrelated note - something that did make me laugh today - a little riddle.  What word becomes longer when the 3rd letter is removed?


Lounger

hahaha - ok, maybe the wine is getting to me, but I literally lol'ed  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment