Thursday, June 14, 2012

Margarita

Sarah says:

This isn't the exact drink I had, I failed to take a picture of my drink.  But, I had a fantastic margarita from Outback tonight during my birthday dinner with my Dad.  It was yummy.  An original margarita, on the rocks, with salt, is my all time, fool proof, what to get when I don't know what to get, drink.  It's always delicious.  Tonight's margarita was particularly tasty, probably because I didn't have to pay for it.

So, yup, it's my birthday.  30 years to be exact.  I'll be honest, I've been dreading this day for years.  Turing 30 was always the ultimate cross into adulthood moment.  I know I pretty much meet the definition of an adult - but still being in my 20's made me at least feel like I had some young-ness in me.  Now, I just feel old.

I've had this great list of accomplishments that I did in my 20's.  I listed a lot of them in a previous post, but for any slackers who didn't read it, here they are again.  Worked full time and went to college, got engaged, got my bachelors degree, got my masters degree, got a real job, bought my first car, got married, got a dog, bought a house, had two kids... I'm sure there is more, but that's a pretty good list.  I did some pretty "big deal" type things in my twenties.  I'm proud of most of them, I don't really want to leave it behind. 

That's been my thinking up until today.  Yes, I accomplished a lot over the past 10 years, but really, these were not the greatest 10 years.  Most of those things I mentioned were fairly stressful.  College - not fun, not easy.  Marriage - fun, but not always easy, has good days and bad days.  Kids - they provide the greatest amount of joy, but also the greatest amount of stress, especially the early days.  I can only see my 30's being better.  As I get more comfortable in my career, it becomes funner.  As Jon and I figure this whole marriage thing out (it's only taken us 7 years!) it gets more enjoyable.  As our kids get older, it gets better!  House - I'm so glad we're getting rid of this thing!  Yes, I think my 30's are going to be good. 

Just because I've come to the realization that turning 30 isn't the end of the world, doesn't mean I'm prepared to do it alone.  I need to go out and get a few bottles of wine!


No comments:

Post a Comment