Monday, June 25, 2012

Oak Leaf Cabernet Sauvignon

Description on the bottle:  There isn't one!

Sarah says:  You know how they always say beer or coffee is an acquired taste?  I think I've acquiring a taste for cheap wine.  I got this bottle on sale, it was $2.99!  My frugal side is jumping up and down, that's a deal!  But, my wine opinion giver side is shaking her head in shame.  The sad part is, I like this wine.  I think next time I need to splurge on something a little better.  I don't want to get so used to cheap wine that I start to think it's good wine, although maybe I'm on to something.  Maybe cheaper is better (my normal motto) and those expensive wines have been fooling people all this time.  Somehow, I don't think so.





I'll tell you something else I've gotten used to recently- this little sleep mask.

I actually asked for this sleep mask for my birthday a few weeks ago.  I have a heck of a time getting to sleep at night, especially lately since we've had the fan on in our room.  The fan has this tiny little green light, that no normal person would even notice.  But I notice, and it makes me bananas.  So, I thought I'd give this a shot.  As I type this, I realize Jon is the one who bought me the mask.  I origianlly thougth he was being all sweet, trying to help me with my sleep problems... but now I realize he was probably just trying to get me to stop complaining about the green light.  Jon also bought me an apron for my birthday, I wonder if he's trying to tell me something.... hmmm... a topic for another post maybe, what not to buy your wife for her birthday... just kidding, I asked for the apron too!  And the kids picked it out, so it was cute.

Anyways... I wasn't impressed with the look of it at first, but the inside is quite soft, and it has this big layer of extra padding around my nose so no light sneaks in at the curvy spots on my face.  The first few night were awful - getting used to something on my face didn't happen over night (get it.. over night...).  But eventually, I got it adjusted right (not too tight, not too loose), and figured out how to position it over my hair so it wasn't pulling.  I've slept freaking amazing the past several nights.  I now affectionately call this sleep mask my lovey.  I've woken up to it being on top of my head, and Mary tells me a lot that she likes my hat, I don't care about either of these things, as long as this guy continues to help me sleep.  I don't know if it's the pitch darkness, or the fact that it forces me to have my eyes stay closed that is causing me to sleep better, again, I don't care, as long as I'm sleeping.  I actually don't want to know the reason, once I know that I'll start to over think it, and over thinking usually causes a lack of sleep.  I get to spend the night in a hotel this weekend, and I NEVER sleep good away from my own home.  I'm looking forward to taking my mask on the road and seeing if he helps me there too.  

I'd highly recommend a sleep mask if you have sleep troubles.  That and wine - drinking wine at night helps too!
Goodnight folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment