Thursday, May 31, 2012

Leftovers


I’m drinking various leftovers tonight.  I hate having bottles of wine sitting around with just a little amount left in each of them, so tonight I clear them out.  I won’t list them since I’ve already written my opinions of each of them!  I will say, this isn’t the greatest of ideas, a little of this and a little of that, doesn’t leave the greatest taste in my mouth.  BUT, it does clean up my fridge, and gets these bottles in the recycling bin before garbage day tomorrow!

I must be in a leftover mood, because we ate leftovers for dinner too.  It’s one of my favorites because there is very little prep work and no cooking!  Well, usually there is no cooking, I had some leftover pancake batter, so tonight I did have to make those up on the stove.  But at least I didn’t have to make the batter.  I like clearing out my fridge on Thursday nights for several reasons.  Garbage day is on Friday’s, so if I uncover anything gross in there, I can throw it away and know it’s going out tomorrow, instead of sitting and stinking up my kitchen.  Also, I do my grocery shopping on the weekends, so I like to open up some room before I do that.  Lastly, by the end of the week, I’m just tired, and don’t want to have to think about what’s for dinner.  It’s easy.  Luckily, my kids are young enough, where they don’t care.  They think the assortment of leftover night is fun!

I must be on an “out with the old, in with the new” kick.  I cleaned out some of my dresser drawers yesterday too and ended up with 2 bags of clothes to donate.  It’s funny to me to see the things that only a year ago I thought were a good idea to keep, and yet this year it’s time for them to go.  I think a lot of it this time around has to do with the fact that we are probably moving to a smaller home, which means I need to have less stuff.  I had 10 pairs of pajama bottoms – time to cut that down to a more reasonable 3.  2 is really probably enough, wear one while washing the other, but I’ll keep 3 in case I’m sick and can’t keep up with the laundry, or have a PJ emergency (better be safe than sorry!).  I also had about 15 t-shirts that I’ve accumulated from various runs and volunteer events, and I have 6 from high school (4 years of marching band and 2 senior shirts)!  High school was fun, but it’s time for those to go.  I kept a few of the best t-shirts to work out in, but the rest are history!

I don’t really like day to day cleaning, but there is something fun about a big clean out old crap type of clean.  It makes me feel refreshed and good about myself.  This is good to do with old stuff, but it’s also good to do with old thoughts as well.  I’ll admit it, I have a tendency of holding a grudge.  After awhile, it’s important to let those old, dreary, thoughts go, so you can make room for new good ones!  Yup, leftover night is necessary for sanity. 

What do you have that it’s time to let go of?

1 comment:

  1. I just threw away bags of photos etc from when I was dating Tony! Like Piston bobble heads pictures of pistons etc. I honestly don't know why I kept it?! But it felt good to rip up and dump!

    ReplyDelete