Thursday, May 10, 2012

Daily's Frozen Pina Colada

Description on the package:  Daily's Ready-to-Drink pouches deliver no hassle frozen Pina Coladas that taste like they're just out of the blender.  Enjoy them straight from your freezer or cooler, for your next party or any time you need a Daily's moment.

Sarah says:

As I've previously mentioned, I like drinks that come in small, single serving sizes.  These make it so much easier for me - I don't have to worry about wasting any, I don't have to worry about messing up the mix, I can pretty much be lazy.  You just pop these in the freezer for a few hours, and wah-lah, you have the perfect size, frozen, mixed drink. All for $2!  Plus, these are so yummy!

Overall rating: Thumbs up

Speaking of being lazy, apparently I've gotten that way.  Anyone that babysat for me in the "early days" of me being a mom knows that I probably left them with pages of instructions.  Literally; typed, single spaced, pages.  Yup, I was THAT mom, the mom that was crazy and terrified to leave my kid, something awful could happen you know!  And the supplies, oh my.  Giant diaper bags of every just-in-case item you could possibly need, about 20 extra diapers, wipes, ointments, extra food, every phone number known to man, 5 times a many clothes that were needed, winter clothes in the summer, summer clothes in the winter, medicines, toe nail clippers, toys, bottles & cups, lots of stuff.  Boy have I changed.  Now I leave my kids with nothing, no note, no sippy cups, no band-aids, MAYBE a change of clothes if they are lucky, but that's about it.  I'm going to Chicago for the weekend with some girlfriends.  In previous years, I would have started drafting my note of information days in advance, to give me enough time to made edits and add additional information as it pops in my head.  Here is the note I'm leaving for Jon this year:
Long gone are the pages and pages of just in case information!  2 out of 3 of those don't even have to do with the kids!  I've kind of been lazy about this whole trip this year.  It's 10 pm the night before leaving.  Usually I'd be packing, which I'd be doing based off of a list that I wrote several days ago.  Instead I am here, drinking, writing about being lazy, while being lazy.  I have no list of items to pack.  I'm going to just throw some things together tomorrow morning.  Because, at this point, I might as well just wait until after I shower and use my stuff in the morning.  Take note, I just justified being lazy!  I also have no money.  I've usually budgeted for these trip and have it all stashed away somewhere.  I've also usually planned how much I will spend on what.  Nope - this year I'm just going to have to figure it out when I get there, and probably go to the bank.

I must be going through a phase, because being lazy really isn't like me!  Maybe it's the blogs fault.  It's a lot nicer to sit here with a drink in hand and pour out my thoughts than it is to be go, go, going all the time.  Maybe I should go get a refill.

How do you get out of a lazy funk?

1 comment:

  1. OMG. You wrote "wah-lah" as if it were a real word (instead of "voilĂ "). And you did it 4 years ago.

    ReplyDelete