Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Woodbridge White Zinfandel

Description on bottle: Our White Zinfandel has delicate fruit and floral aromas with lightly sweet flavors.  Serve chilled, it's delightful with appetizers, salads and lighter fare.  Believing that wine should be an integral part of life, Robert Mondavi founded Woodbridge Winery in 1979 to make fine wines for every occasion.  He returned to his childhood roots in historic Lodi, California to craft wines using his signature techniques that combine rich tradition with state-of-the-art innovation.



Sarah says: I like Mr. Mondavi's thought that wine should be an integral part of life.  Agreed.  A big part of our life consists of entertaining ourselves after the kids go to bed.  We have learned that scavenger hunts are great fun.  I know, it's totally lame, but I dare you to try it and not have the time of your life.  It's hysterical to see two grown adults running around (sometimes sneaking into the kids rooms) to find random objects.  Plus, they are a workout!  We run upstairs, we run downstairs, we run all over the house, we are sweaty and laughing by the time it's done.  One of our rules is that we have to drink a sip after each item we find (yes, it's probably more appropriate to do this with beer, or something more game friendly, but it works with wine too!).  It was challenging for me to really taste this wine, when you are taking a sip and running around at the same time.  I think I liked it.  I generally like White Zinfandel, I find it easy and enjoyable to drink.

jon says: first of all i think white zinfandel is the one wine we both agree on. second i think i heard or read some where wine and physical activity increase blood flow. well i felt like i was going to die. although that could have just been my asthma. whether it was the wine or the scavenger hunt, fun was had by all.


The final results.... cleaning up is not nearly as fun!
Sarah says:  Jon won this round, but I'll get him next time.  The only reason he won is because he stole my cell phone and I couldn't find his!!  Plus, I couldn't find he ties, he never wears them, so they are hidden away.  Anne - you created these lists, you're my sister, help me out next time, create lists of items that I have!!  :-)   Just kidding, thanks for the great lists!  My favorite items on this list were blue underwear, a tampon, and cheese.

jon says: "i'm the king of the world!" great list anne!


Overall:  Thumbs up - because it was a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment