Thursday, January 9, 2014

Vina Tarapaca

Description on the bottle:  Established in 1874, Vina Tarapaca is one of Chile's most traditional wineries. Located in the heart of the Maipo Valley - Chile's most prestigious wine growing region.  Pure Sauvignon Blanc with a lemon straw color and green highlights. The amounts are lively with grapefruit and lime characters. The palate displays tropical fruit, balanced by refreshing citrus.  Serve cool.

Sarah says:  Well... I don't really like it.  I'm trying to decide what to say without sounding too negative. It's VERY citrus-y, especially in the grapefruit area, and I don't particularly like grapefruit, so I'm not enjoying it. A sip or two isn't bad, but a whole glass, is uncomfortable as eating an entire grapefruit, it just isn't my thing! I find the whole thing way too sweet and bitter bitter bitter.  

Overall rating:  Blah.


Sarah says:  While I didn't love this wine, I did get something for Christmas that I do love, and I mean LOVE.  An electronic wine opener!!  This video is the first time I used it, I probably should have read the instructions, but I eventually got there.  Check it out.  


Totally awesome, right?!  I've got it down pat now, so it goes a little smoother.  Best Christmas gift ever, thanks Carolyn!!

What was the best present you received this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment