Thursday, January 16, 2014

Bridge Lane Chardonnay

Description on the bottle:  With its light body and fresh finish, our steel-fermented Chardonnay displays crisp, clean flavors with a lingering minerality on the finish.

Sarah says:  Hmmm... it's a little sweet for my liking.  It's not bad, but I couldn't drink more than one glass of it at a time (which it's a good thing I'm cutting back on my consumption, otherwise I'd be disappointed)!  I wonder if my tastes are changing?  It seems that I'm like more and more reds, and finding whites too sweet.  Does this mean I'm maturing?  I find that seasoned wino's seem to lean towards red, while newbies like the whites.  Any thoughts on that?

Overall rating:  Thumbs 3/4 down.

Sarah says:  Speaking of change... since it's halfway through January, I thought I'd update on the New Year's Goals - since that is requiring change.  So, saving an extra $50 turned out easy, since Jon worked some overtime during Christmas and New Year's, his first check was awesome.  And, his theater is having some staffing changes, so he's working more than normal lately to help out.  I'm anticipating his next few checks being a little higher than budgeted, which means extra savings for us, whoo hooo!  What am I saving for you ask?  Well, that is another topic for another day!  The second goal was to loose the 5 lbs of holiday weight I put on.  Ok.... first of all, that was a little ambitious.  I generally aim for 1 pound a week, given that there are only 4 weeks in Jan, loosing 5 would have been pushing it.  Second, I was on vacation the first week of Jan, so that week was really just a bust.  By the way, if anyone knows the secret to loosing weight while on vacation, I'm all ears!  Gaining is easy, maintaining is manageable, but loosing... impossible.  So, even though I'm half way through the month, I'm only about a week and a half into my weight loss plan.  I'm not halfway there.  And third, sadly, I pulled the 5 lb number out before actually stepping on the scale.  It MIGHT have been a little more than that.  I'm making progress though, my new goal is to be back at what I consider my normal weight by the end of Feb ( I will never ever ever post what that number actually is, don't even bother asking).  The great thing about creating small goals instead of resolutions it they allow for more flexibility and changes like that.

Anyways, I've been eating better again, working out again, drinking less again.  I've been doing some new workouts.  I still love my running, but I find it hard to do that in the winter.  Going to the gym is too much hassle, I'd much rather just put on my shoes and run outside, but it's way to freaking cold for that.  I've been doing these new things called a Tabata workout.  It's a 4 minute, high intensity workout.  It totally rocks my world.  On the busy days, I usually just squeeze in a few of these whenever I can.  Lots of times I'll do one in the morning, one before dinner, and one or two before bed.  Finding 4 minutes is much easier than finding 30 min or more!  And, if I'm just doing one at a time, I'll be tired, but not sweaty or anything, so there is no need to shower, or even change into workout clothes.  Often, I'll do 3 in one sitting, 12 minutes is still nothing to complain about.  By the way - I do change if I'm doing several tabata's at once, that is exhausting.  I totally encourage you to google it if you are looking for something new and fast.  There are several video to give you ideas of what to do.  I just wing it, and pretty much change it up every time - don't want to get bored!!  My go to's are jumping jacks, squats, butt-kicks, jumping rope, and burpees.

What's your latest workout?

I completely value exercise and eating right, staying healthy is very important to me (ya know, gotta make an impression on those kiddos!).  I also value the importance of rest.  So tonight, I kick back, open a bottle of wine, and chill out.  Cheers to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment