Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Cherry Creek - Ninja Red

Description on the bottle:  None.

Sarah says:  Stopping at this winery was a last minute decision on our way home.  We had already left the B&B and our friends and were about 1 1/2 hours into our drive home when we saw both this winery and one other at the same exit.  We thought it was appropriate to stop.  So at 12:30 on a Sunday afternoon we tasted 14 more wines! (7 at each location)  Regardless of the cool name - the wine tastes pretty good.  It's a red wine, but it specifically says it's chillable on the bottle.  I think that is my problem with red wine - it's usually served room temperature, and I'm not really into that.  I'm not really sure what other characteristics this wine has that makes me like it.  It's just tasty and easy to drink.  It's not dry which is usually my biggest red wine complaint.  I guess it's a little fruity, but I'm not sure if that's true or if I just think that because it has the name Cherry Creek.  This is going to sound weird, but it feels creamy.  I know - wine isn't creamy, but that is the feel I get from it.  Why don't we hear what Jon has to say!  GASP!  Yup - Jon is back in blogging action!
jon's description for the bottle: surprisingly sweet for a red wine, like dexter sneaking up on a victim and plunging a needle in to they neck, SUPRISE! full of flavor like a season of dexter is full of drama and anticipation. the empty bottom of the glass will surprise you like waking up on a table completely naked and plasticed wrapped to it.

jon says: as those who follow dexter, this past weekend was the first episode of the season. to celebrate sarah and i selected a wine that seemed to be appropriate for dexter. our first thought was something red, we then started to go through our red wines and ran across "Ninja Red". ninjas are sneaky just like dexter and use bladed weapons, perfect choice or at least i thought so. anyways i liked it. it was sweet and delicious.

Sarah says:  Speaking of Dexter (SPOILER ALERT!!!  DO NOT CONTINUE READING IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE FIRST EPISODE OF SEASON 7!!) I normally am a huge fan of Dexter, and while I still am, I was more critical of this episode that I have previously been.  Maybe it was the Ninja in me, but I just wasn't buying some of it.  Debra's willingness to cover up the dead body - Debra!  Miss buy the books officer - always does what is right - that quickly is convinced to just set the church on fire?  Seems unlikely.  Second, that dang blood slide - first of all, doesn't Dexter usually put it right in his pocked after he does it?  Why was it still sitting on the death table at all?  Second - what would make LaGuerta look down there, and how did she even see it?  Third, it was pretty convenient that it was just sitting on the top of all of the evidence when she was talking with Masuka.  I hate that slide.  THEN - in the airport when Dexter was killing Mike's killer, there was conveniently a wheel chair, conveniently a bathroom closed sign, and conveniently the unclaimed luggage area was right there and unlocked.  Really?  It all just seems too staged.  Maybe it's always been that way, but it really seemed obvious in this episode.

With all of that being said - I love Dexter and I'm so excited for this season!!!!  I can't wait to hear the rest of the conversation between Dex and Deb.  "Are you a serial killer?"  "Yes" !!!!!!!  It's so tense!  What is going to happen to him?!  We're sorta thinking that Debra will start to see the good in what Dexter does and start using him to help her out.  But, the show never goes how I think it will - so who knows?!  Can't wait for next week!

jon says: holy crap i can't wait to see what happens next. what will debra do? what is going to happen to louis, is dexter going to find out that louis is total f'ing with him or is louis going to step things up and become even more of a threat. dexter has unknowingly started some serious sh!t with a international crime organization that ray stevenson is the head of. i really hope there will be a fight between dexter and stevenson, even if stevenson is twice his size i think it would be awesome! only 12 or 13 more episodes this season. can't wait!

Overall rating:  Hi-yeeeaaahhh!  Ninja's know how to drink, thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment