Saturday, October 27, 2012

Round Barn Weekend Red

Description on the bottle:  This wine will appeal to people o fall tastes with plenty of fruit character and just a hint of sweetness.  Serve at room temperature to bring forward the tannis or chill it to make the fruit more expressive.  Make every day the weekend.

Sarah says:  This was our second to last winery that we visited on our winery trip.  It was the best!  Since the winery was closing in about 15 min, the server was pretty generous with the size of her tastes.  Plus - at most of our tastings, Jon and I shared a glass (because we aren't rich, those tastings get expensive!), but since we had a coupon we each got our own tastings here.  It was so great to actually be able to taste 5 wines that I picked all on my own!  Not I pick 2, Jon picks 2, and we try to agree on the last one.  I got to try 5 amazing wines!  This was one of them.  Chilled red wine - what's not to love?!  It's sweet, it's dry, it's not spicy, it's totally drinkable and awesome!  This wine makes me believe there is hope out there for me falling in love with red wine.

Overall rating:  Thumbs up!

Sarah says:  It's the weekend!  I don't know why I'm so excited about it - weekends are more busy than weekdays most of the time.  But, at least I get to spend a little more time with my kiddos than normal.  We take it easy in the mornings and stay up just a tad later in the evenings and that makes all the craziness during the day worth it.

I'll tell you what isn't fun - working 5 days a week.  At my old job, I only worked 4 days a week - and it was freaking awesome!  I spent my 5th day doing all my errands and chores so that my weekend could be spent doing weekend stuff.  I generally tried to make the weekends all about spending family time together and making the time that we actually were a family of 4 together count.  Now that I don't have that extra day, I'm still trying to figure out how to get my balance back.  Don't get me wrong - I'm completely happy with the job change.  When I analyzed the pros and cons of the change, this was a con - but overall the change has been for the best, and totally worth it!  But, what is the secret to work-life balance when you work 5 days a week?  Mon-Friday I wake up, work, come home, cook dinner, put the kids to bed, MAYBE do one chore, then fall asleep myself.... repeat.  So, on Saturdays - we usually have swim lessons, we try to do something family'ish for an hour or two, then I spend the remainder of the day catching up on the chores and cleaning that I didn't get to during the week.  On Sunday, we spend the morning at church, then do the grocery shopping, then spend the rest of the day planning and organizing for the upcoming week.  The weekend is gone before I know it!

Does anyone have any great secrets to making the weekends count?  I'm definitely spending less quality time with my kids and it's starting to make everyone sad.  Usually at the end of each day Liam tells me I did good and gives me a sticker.  Today he told me I get an X and I should try harder tomorrow.  Maybe another glass of wine will make it better!

No comments:

Post a Comment