Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Turning Leaf Part III

Sarah says:

No picture today - at this point, you already know what this wine looks like.  While I drank a few glasses the first night, now I'm just savoring it, because it's so delicious I want it to last!

Day 1 on the bus went fine.  All 4 of us walked out there and waited together.  I chit-chatted with another Mom, while Liam buddied up with a 1st grader who was going to "show him how it's done".  Liam was excited when the bus rolled up, he climbed on board, sat next to his bud, and waived good bye.  No worries, meanwhile I walked back to the apartment with tears in my eyes.  Jon went to the school and waited for the bus and watched to make sure he got there ok.

Liam is doing great.  Meanwhile, I had a big parent fail today.  We have to send a morning snack for our kid each day - they only allow fruit or veggies.  While I understand that they was it to be healthy - I think a cheese stick, yogurt, or some crackers could be just as good.  However, I'm the type of person that follows the rules.  So, I cut up an apple, labeled it the way I was instructed, and put it in the fridge.  After Liam caught the bus, I was grabbing my stuff to go to work, I opened the fridge for my lunch, and still sitting there were his apples!  Arg.  So I grabbed my stuff, and rushed to the school and dropped them off at the office.  Day 2 of school and I already forgot to pack something.  What is going to happen when I have to send a lunch?!  Speaking of those apples - I just realized that the container I sent them in didn't come back home... hmmm... I'll have to ask Liam about that in the morning.

Anyways.... Mary!  I've been so focused on Liam, I haven't posted much about my Mary lately.  Mostly, because I have a lot less to worry about with her.  She is Miss Independent.  The chances of her getting her feelings hurt or not making friends is slim.  Plus - I probably shouldn't say this - but I don't have the same bond with her that I do with Liam.  She's Daddy's girl and Liam is a Mama's boy.  It's a little bit sad because as much as I wanted a little girl, she doesn't really like me.  However, I did have an awesome time with her over the weekend.  We share the same passion for shoes.  We went to DSW together and she tried on at least 40 pairs of heels, if not more.  She has a passion for fashion too!  I stick with the blacks and browns, but she was trying on blue, red, flowery, and cheetah print shoes!  It was awesome fun.  Words cannot describe the joy on her face everytime I let her go shoe crazy.  She is the one that talked me into some awesome knee high black boots.  Yup, my three year old is giving me shoe/fashion advice.  Check her out!


I apologize for the quality of the pictures.  My old fashioned flip phone just isn't cutting it anymore.  We just got cable and a DVR a few weeks ago - I'm sure I'll eventually get an updated cell phone.  I'm slowly entering this century.

Back to Mary.  She started a new preschool this week too!  I took her to her school on Friday to make sure all of her paperwork was complete (because I registered her months ago, back when moving was just a hope, and not a reality!).  Her class was having circle time when we visited.  She walked in, sat down in the middle of the circle, and said "Hi guys".  Yup, no fear for that one.  On Tuesday when I dropped her off, she gave me a hug, ran over to a bin of trains, and never looked back.  When I picked her up, she pointed to the whole class and told me they were all her friends (Liam on the other hand told me he hasn't made any friends yet).  She is doing fine.  She loves her new class and I'm happy with the teachers so far!  Even though we don't bond like I do with my oldest - I love this girl!  It's a relief not having to worry so much.  I'll drink to that!
Preschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment