Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Kahlua & Strawberry Ice Cream

Jon & Sarah's Kahlua & Strawberry Ice Cream Drink
5 cups strawberry ice cream (any brand will do - but the better the quality, the better the flavor!)
2/3 cups milk
4 shots Kahlua
2 big cups with 2 thick straws (McDonald's straws work well)
Blender

We created these last night and they are freaking delicious.  They are fairly thick - so make sure you have a good straw, but I didn't want to add anymore milk for fear that it would ruin the perfect flavor blast that was happening in my mouth.  I basically couldn't decide last night if I wanted ice cream or if I wanted a drink - so we decided to do both.  

I'm just recently getting into Kahlua.  Every year at the Christmas party at my old job, someone always brought a bottle of Kahlua to the secret gift exchange we did, and everyone always fought over it.  I didn't really understand it, but I do now!  My first glimpse was about a month ago, I had a delicious coffee & Kahlua drink the last time Jon and I went out, it was tasty!  And now, after last night, I'm hooked!

The description on the bottle says:  From the high mountains of Verazruz, Mexico, comes Kahlua, a flavor as rich and distinct as the region.  100% arabica coffee grown in the protected shade or orange trees blends with pure sugarcane rum to create a dark intensity enriched by notes of vanilla and caramel.

Yes, please!  That sounds amazing, why didn't anyone force me to try this lovely drink sooner?!  Oh course, I'm a bit concerned about my ice cream habit, now that I realize how delicious these two are mixed together, I might become a little dangerous with it.  Lately, all I've wanted to do is eat like crap, and this isn't going to help the issue!

I think I've been eating because I was stressed last week about school starting.  I tend to stress eat.  Now that we are getting used to school and our daily routine - I'm hoping I'll get back into my routine of eating better and working out again.  I SHOULD go to be early tonight, so I have the energy to wake up early for a morning run.  We shall see!

Speaking of school and stress - remember how I was so worried about the bus?  So, on Monday morning, Liam got on the bus in the morning the way he always does, but his 1st grader friend that he's been riding with wasn't there.  No biggie - but then around 9:00 I get a phone call from the school, an automated message telling me I needed to call the school and report Liam absent.  I immediately freaked out - he shouldn't be marked absent - he got on the bus!  I tried calling a few times but it was busy over and over.  I decided to just drive up to the school and find out what was going on (thank God I live & work so close together now!).  Of course, the whole way there I'm thinking that something happened because his friend wasn't there to show him the way, so he got lost, or never got off the bus, or just wandered off.  Luckily, it was some sort of glitch with a new attendance system, where the whole school (and several other schools within the district) got that same call.  The office at the elementary school was packed with parents freaking out!  My heart was racing for the next hour.

And you wonder why I need to drink to relax... ugh, so terrifying!

No comments:

Post a Comment