Thursday, January 3, 2013

Water Part III

Sarah says:  I'm drinking my favorite kind of drink tonight.  Water.  Straight from the tap, in a cup, filled to the top with ice.  The only thing that would make it better would be if I had a straw - I'm like a 5 year old, I love drinking out of a straw.  With it being the new year, I'm trying (along with thousands others) to be healthy.  Don't worry, I'm realistic about this, I know my healthy kick will fade in a few weeks and I'll be back to the wine!

Since I'm on my healthy kick, I keep telling myself I need to get off my lazy butt and go running.  Here's the thing, I dislike running in the cold... and I live in Michigan... where it's freaking freezing!  Yeah... that's totally just an excuse.  I have access to a treadmill at the fitness center in our apartment complex, which I last used about a month ago.  Yup, that's called LAZY.  So, last night I told myself over and over that I was going to get up and run - then I didn't.  I even got a Garmin for Christmas (my in-laws rock my world!), and I'm dying to try it out, yet I snoozed over and over and over this morning.

Wouldn't you know it - my daily devotional today talked about running!  It never ceases to amaze me how God does that.  Here's the verse for the day:  "...and let us run with endurance the race God has set before us."  Hebrews 12:1  The focus of the reading for the day was on endurance, pacing yourself, staying focused when you start to slow down.  Obviously it's not literally about running, it's about life... but what did I take from it?  I really need to get off my butt and go running!  It doesn't matter how long or how fast I go... I just need to do it.  I know it, my family knows it, even God knows it.  

I've talked about how important running is to me here, everyone in my household knows that when I'm cranky, it usually means I need to get out and clear my mind on a run, and yet, it's so easy to fall out of the habit.  Well, thanks to my annual healthy new year month, and ya know... God subtle reminder, I'm definitely going for a run tomorrow!  Actually, this year, in additional to my usual 5K's to keep me going, I'm going to do one of those mud runs that are all the rage now-a-days.  That's my healthy goal for 2013.

What are you doing to do this year to be healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment