Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Furst Riesling

Description on the bottle:  The Furst... lies at the toothills of the best Alsacian Grand Crus (Schlossberg, Furstentum).  Proud to have been raised on Alsacian tradition, Dan Steffan, the artist of the label, has dedicated her life to art.  Intrigued by the "forgotten", the drawing suggest tenderness and humor through a certain despondency.  Spread the happiness and enjoy this wine with family and friends.

Sarah says:  This wine is from France!  I suddenly feel like I'm not dressed fancy enough.  Even in my jammies, this wine is delicious!  We drank this bottle over two nights, and for some reason I liked it more the first night.  Not sure if I was just more in the mood the first night, or if sitting overnight changed it's flavor.  Either way, I liked it both nights.  I'm pleased to have shared the happiness with Jon.

jon says: I liked it more the second night. although it might be because my first sip was just after a mouthful of pasta heavily coated with crushed red pepper. i think it was sweet and fruit, but not too sweet. a very nice wine.

Overall rating: Thumbs most of the way up.... since we're different on if it was better the first night or second night.

Sarah says:  I received this bottle of wine from my friends Allison and Dave, who just got engaged!!  Congrats guys!  I can't wait to share in the happiness of your wedding day.  Of course, hearing all about the proposal and the wedding plans got me reflecting on my own wedding.  Jon and I were young... I had only graduated from college 9 months earlier.  As a result, our budget was pretty low.  Most people know, Jon LOVES movies, and although we knew each other much earlier, our relationship didn't take off until we worked together at the local movie theater in high school.  We started dating in college, and saw many many movies over the course of our early years, mostly because it was free because Jon still worked there.  It only seemed logical that we get married in a movie theater.  Getting married in the theater was inexpensive, sentimental, and AWESOME.  We made a movie to play before the ceremony, we served popcorn (and had it thrown at us as we walked out), our cake looked like movie reels, we served candy bars, and gave out movie passes as favors.  If I could do it again, now that I have a bigger budget, and more people that would judge me, I'd get married in a movie theater again.  Although, maybe this time, I'll do it in a theater in France, and also serve wine!

jon says: i also thought our wedding was awesome! but if we could do it again i might add a cool movie car, like the batmobile, general lee, the DeLorean, or ecto 1! 

Sarah says: ... and better wine!!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent commentary...thanks for an interesting critique!

    ReplyDelete