Friday, April 25, 2014

Alessandr Gallici Pinot Grigio

Description on the bottle:  The vineyards of the veneto have long been a source of inspiration for me and pinot grigio from this region achieves and elegance and concentration rarely found elsewhere.  2011 saw near-perfect vintage conditions and the grapes, sourced from low-yielding vines, displayed an intensity of fruit and a firm structure which I knew would combine perfectly.

The result is a wine to which I'm proud to give my name.  Fresh, elegant and mouthwateringly long, this pinot grigio displays crisp apple and citrus characters given added complexity by a fine minerality.  I suggest you enjoy served as an aperitivo or with lighter dishes such as roasted vegetables, fresh seafood and grilled chicken.

Sarah says:  I think several months ago I would have really enjoyed this wine, but now that my world has been opened up to reds, I think this is just ok.  It's a pretty standard pinot grigio, it's got that citrusy, almost tangy flavor.  It's good, but it's not mind blowing good.

Overall rating:  Thumbs mostly up

Sarah says:  Thank goodness it's Friday night!  I don't know why, but this week just crept by.  I think it's that I was all go go go the past several weeks with the audit, and now that the auditors are gone, I'm crashing into a stop.  It's almost as if I don't know what to do with myself, I can't remember what my work days were filled with before the audit took over.  For those of you who don't know what an audit is like... here's a little run down:

2 weeks before audit:  We're fine.  I'm working on stuff, but it's coming along nicely.

1 week before audit:  There's ALOT to do, but we'll get it done

2 days before audit:  THE AUDITORS ARE COMING!!  Why isn't this done?  Didn't I look at this a month ago and it was fine, now it's wrong, all wrong!  Why are you just now asking this question?  What do you mean you didn't start the workpaper yet?  I'm not ready.  The auditors are coming!!

audit day 1:  I got this, bring it on.  Your questions, I have answers.  Ya know those college all nighters, I pulled an all weekender.

audit day 3:  Where are they?  I'm not paying them $700 per hour to sit down there and do nothing.  Why aren't they asking me questions yet!

audit day 7:  They are driving me crazy!! I can't get any of my regular work done because every 5 min one of them comes in here and interrupts me.  I can't even research their questions because before I can finish one task, I'm being given another one!

audit day 9:  Sleep, what's sleep?  I live on coffee and week old bagles.

audit day 11:  What is this, accounting 101?  Their questions are so stupid, and annoying.  And what the heck, all the auditors look like they are 19!  Is this an intern audit?  If I just talk fast enough and they believe me, that part is pretty awesome.

audit day 13:  Why are you asking me about cash?  Didn't I answer all cash questions 2 weeks ago, I don't remember what we talked about.

audit day 15:  Ok, you guys aren't so bad afterall.  Let's have a pizza party.

1 day after audit:  Ahhh... it's so quiet, I can finally relax and get some stuff done

3 days after audit:  What is this 5 page typed document of more questions?!!?  Arg.

1 week after audit:  That was the best audit ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment