Friday, December 13, 2013

Tobias Chardonnay

Description on the bottle:  Please contact us for wine and tasting information.  tobiasvineyards.com

Sarah says:  What?!  No description?!  I'm sad.  The drink itself is fine. It's good but nothing thrilling.  Takes just like any other Chardonnay I've had.  The boring bottle however makes what could be an acceptable party wine, and just turns me off.  The label is often half the reason I purchase a bottle of wine.

Overall rating:  Thumbs down.

Sarah says:  This reminds me, I've made the decision to end my wine club.  As much as I love having a box of wine arrive at my front door, I love shopping for wine more.  I've tasted some good wines, and probably been exposed to higher quality wines than I'm used to, but I still think this is the right decision.  I love walking up and down the wine isle, looking for the right bottle to catch my eye.  Just today I was at Holiday Market, and I knew I didn't need any wine, but I walked the isle anyways.  It was awesome, the different colors, the different shapes, I just wanted to pick some out so badly!  I was sensible and didn't,since I still have 10 bottles left from the club.  But as soon as those are gone (or close to gone - I never want to be totally out of wine, that would be awful), I will be picking out my own wine again!

Similar to this bottle of wine, I fear this blog has gotten boring.  I am hopeful that as I bring back wines that I am actually excited by, exciting thoughts will come with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment