Sunday, December 15, 2013

Acres of Land Vidal Blanc

Description on the bottle:  In the spring of 2002 the Wiseman family helped plant our Vidal Blanc vineyard.  In thanks to their efforts and in memory of the patriarch of the Wiseman family we offer you A. I. Vidal Blanc.

Sarah says:  While this wine is much sweeter than what I would generally prefer, I'm totally liking it.  I think it helps that I'm not eating, and haven't eaten in several hours, it a nice "after hours" wine.  I wouldn't pair it with food.  I'm also loving the description on the bottle.  It's short and sweet, but totally expresses their gratitude.  I'm a sucker for the personal touch.

Overall rating:  Thumbs up.

Sarah says:  This bottle isn't from my wine club!  I actually forgot I had this, which is totally crazy, I know, it won't happen again.  The problem is, we keep our wine rack on the top of our cupboards, so the kids won't accidentally knock something over, and I have a really hard time seeing what is up there, so I thought this was just another bottle from the club.  Imagine my surprise (and pleasure) to see this!  This bottle actually brings a lot of good memories to me.  As you may remember, we drove from Michigan to Disney World this summer.  On the long drive back, somewhere in mid-Kentucky, we started seeing signs for this Winery.  On a total carefree whim type moment, we stopped, and because it's not exactly appropriate to do a testing with kids in tow, we just crossed our fingers and grabbed a bottle.  This one to be exact.  And then, apparently, we forgot to drink it.  In our defense, we were exhausted when we got home, we probably just put it in the rack and it got mixed in with the others.

Summer vacation... ours was filled with laughter, swimming, princesses, rides, giant smiles, fireworks, sneaky kisses, great food, balloons, and staying up way past bedtime.  Ahhh, vacation.  I love vacation.  I want to take another vacation.  I recently read this quote from an anonymous woman "When I was sixteen, my mother told me that I was expendable and if I didn't work hard, companies would just get rid of me.  I work sixty to seventy hours a week, never take time off, and my husband and I haven't had a vacation in twelve years.  I'm a workaholic, and I love it."  Holy cow, I'm sad reading that.  I read this a few days ago, and went to work the next day and requested a day off.  I was already taking 2 days off because we are taking a day trip (mini vacation is better than no vacation!), but I decided to take a 3rd day, just for the heck of it, just because I can, just because I don't want to become the lady from the quote.  What will I do with that extra day?  Who knows... I'm hoping I'll get a chance to workout, play in the snow with the kids, and drink some wine... I'm flexible as to the order of those events.  All I know is, I'm due to make some carefree memories.  One's like from this summer when we bought this wine.  Taking the day off for no reason was a bit carefree, tonight I'll lift my glass to maintaining that frame of mind.

When was the last time you did something carefree?

No comments:

Post a Comment