Friday, August 9, 2013

Fox Barn Harvest Rose

Description on the bottle:  The Fox family has been farming in Oceana County for five generations.  We are "Where the north begins and fire fruit grows."  Our wine label is an adaptation of the 1950's label that was used on fruit crates.

Sarah says:  YUM!  I am really loving this wine, and for some reason that surprises me.  I'm not sure why I'm so surprised, maybe it's because I haven't really been LOVING much of the wine I've been drinking lately, so I was loosing hope.  Maybe it's because the color of this wine has a very slightly orange tint to it, making me think bad thoughts about it.  Maybe it's because the label on this wine looked a little old fashioned.  Whatever it was, I didn't have high hopes for this.  I'm pleasantly surprised, it's awesome!! 

Overall rating:  Thumbs extra high, because it's also a Michigan wine!

Speaking of surprises.  To celebrate the recent return of Hostess and Twinkies, I'd like to introduce to you "The Twinkie Surprise".  The easiest, poorest, yummiest, strawberry shortcake you'll every try.

Step 1:  Cut 10 Twinkies in half length wise and place in a large dish.

 

Step 2:  Place strawberries over Twinkies

Step 3:  Mix one package instant vanilla pudding mix, 1 1/2 cups milk, and one 8 oz. container cool whip in a bowl.  Beat until lumps are gone.  Pour over Twinkie/Strawberry dish.


Step 4:  Some would say to cover and refrigerate overnight.  I don't have patience for that.  I say let sit 10 min to let pudding set.  Cut, eat, enjoy!





 
Surprisingly delicious... and I recommend you drink it with this yummy wine!

On a totally unrelated note:  somehow I ended up in a recent conversation about if it's appropriate to re-gift wine or other beverages.  I'd like to put it on the record that I think it's totally acceptable to re-gift bottles of wine.  I an comfortable with both giving and receiving these types of bottles.  If you know you won't enjoy a bottle of wine, there is no need to suffer through it, or worse, let it just go waste.  I will take your re-gifted bottles of wine.  How do feel about re-gifting?  Try pondering it over a glass of wine and plate of Twinkie surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment