Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Willamette Valley Vineyards - Oregon Blossom

Description on the bottle:  This delightful blush wine is our answer to California's popular White Zinfandel.  We create Blossom using only premium varietal wine grapes grown in the Willamette Valley.  Bright aromas suggesting cherries, berries and melons coupled with crisp, fruity flavors make Blossom a perfect picnic wine or conversation refreshment.  We invite you to visit our winery and tasting room to enjoy all of our wines and see why the Willamette Valley is an ideal place for making wine.

Sarah says:  Yummo!  This wine was enjoyed during our Oregon trip (and when I say enjoyed, I mean ENJOYED!).  We felt it was appropriate to purchase and drink a wine made in Oregon while in Oregon.  We both really liked it.  It was light, fruity and easy to drink.  It left no aftertaste, but quenched my thirst while begging me to drink more all at the same time.  We didn't get a chance to visit the winery (but we did drive past the exit!), but I would have gladly enjoyed more wine by this winery.

Overall rating:  Oregon thumbs up!  You know that's higher than a Michigan thumbs up because of the altitude  :-)

Sarah says:  First of all, I'd like to apologize for the lack in blogging.  Things have been super busy lately - I'm going to do my best to keep this up!  Second of all, I still need to write about our amazing trip to Oregon.  It was exactly that, amazing!  We spent 2 days in Portland, 5 in Redmond, and 3 along the coast.  We visited an amusement park, went tubing, climbed Smith Rock, went shopping, swam... a lot!, visited the sand dunes, soaked in a hot tub, visited the ocean, went into some sea lion caves, visited the world's shortest river, went to a cheese factory, went to an aquarium, fed some seals (who clapped when you threw the food in - quite funny!), walked along the beach at Haystack Rock, and did some sight seeing along the drive of the mountain views.

My favorite part?  These guys:
My family is the greatest!  First of all - the whole thing is made possible by those two crazies in the middle - my grandparents.  They so totally rock.  Second of all - the rest of my family lives all over the world now and yet whenever we come together, it's just like we saw each other yesterday.  The conversation, the laughter, the fun that is had when we are together is incomparable to anything else.  The whole thing kind of amazes me - what was once a couple with 4 kids has turned into a family of thirty-one (I think I counted right - I had to do it a few times!)  And I love how accepting we are towards each other - it doesn't matter how long you've been dating someone - if you come to this gathering, you are family now.  Everyone has open arms and huge hearts.  We all just pitch in and keep food on the table, keep the kids entertained, and the drinks flowing.  It's such a great time.  I wish I could have stayed in Redmond a little longer so I could hold onto that little bit of relaxing family time just a little longer.  I know everyone thinks they have the best family - but I really think mine wins the battle.

My second favorite part of the trip?  This:
Yup, his and hers sinks in the giant bathroom of the amazing house my grandparents rented for us.  I'm really excited about the fact that since we've moved I no longer have to share a bathroom with the kids, but not having to share a sink with Jon - it was wonderful.  I love the man - but he's a man - he leaves toothpaste residue behind, he leaves shaving hairs behind, somehow it just gets gunky when he's around.  That 5 days of having a sink all to myself was as memorable as the Oregon trip itself.  This is something I strive to have in my future.  It's good to have something to work towards!

Overall, Oregon was great, despite the items mentioned in my last post.  The scenery in Oregon is just beautiful.  Driving through the mountains and not being able to see the sky because there are too many trees around, that's just not something you see at home.  It just so refreshing to see so much land that is just land - it has no purpose other than to just be there and be beautiful.  And it does that well.  The family, yummy winery, and awesome bathrooms are just other reasons to go back.

What is your favorite part of vacation?

Added bonus - a few other pics
So much land!  Look closely and you'll see some mountains in the sky!

 
Inside a cave!  Liam LOVED it!
 
Lots of sand!  And a little Liam!
Us
A rare moment drinking water instead of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment