Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Paul Masson White Zinfandel

Description on the bottle:  Serve this refreshingly crisp, fruity wine chilled.  Great by itself or with white meat, poultry, seafood, lightly flavored or spicy dishes, and cold cuts.

Sarah says:  Yum, this is exactly the type of wine a beginner wino would drink, and it totally brings me back.  It's light, fruity, easy to drink, and (based on the list above) goes well with everything.  I chose it because I thought the bottle looked cool, in that it's more like a carafe than it is a wine bottle, and I thought that seemed like fun.  If only it was about 70 degrees warmer out, this would be the perfect sit outside on the porch after a long day and chill out with type of wine.  Winter will end one of these days, right?

Overall rating:  Thumbs up

Sarah says:  Speaking of winter, I've decided to stop talking negatively about the weather.  It's Lent, and that generally means I give up some sort of food (ice cream, sweets, peanut butter) for 6 weeks.  And, although I usually accomplish the goal without too many problems, it never feels like the sacrifice that it's supposed to.  I did ponder giving up wine, but I just don't think that's the right thing for me right now.  This year, I thought I'd try something different.  I'm going to try to hold back from something other than food.  Complaining about the weather is something that is easy to do, it easily makes it's way into any conversation, and if you don't have anything to talk about with someone, it's an easy conversation to start.  Especially in this never ending winter, as we are all feeling a little worn down and seasonally depressed, complaining about it is just what everyone is doing.  Unfortunately, this type of conversation has no value, it just brings me down even more than I already am about it.  So, from here on out (or at least until Easter, when hopefully it's warmer anyways!) I will not be joining in the daily weather bashing conversation.

In the true Lent form, I'm hopeful that all my lack of weather complaining will allow me to free up a bunch of time, time that will be better spent doing something more holy.  Praying, reading, chilling with God, whatever it is... it has to be better than complaining about being freezing, while freezing.  Maybe spending more time will actually make me feel less empty, and thus, less cold!  It's worth a shot.

If all else fails, the wine will warm me up.  What are you giving up for Lent?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been doing the typical give-up-stuff for lent for a few years, but this year I decided to give it a try again. I'm giving up chocolate desserts and snacks. I had to specify not just chocolate because chocolate milk is my recovery drink after running and my protein bars have chocolate. Plus the point is the desserts and the random dove chocolate candy multiple times a day. I think doing this type of Lenten thing not only brings us closer to God, but also makes us stronger mentally too.

    ReplyDelete