Saturday, February 8, 2014

Kora Sauvignon Blanc

Description on the bottle:  We produce our wine from ultra-ripe fruit grown on the family estate we established in 1978.  Our sons (Hamish - vineyard manager and Sam - winemaker) grew up amidst the vines and know every block intimately.  Kora, meaning distant place, is light straw in colour with green highlights, reflecting its fresh, typically New Zealand Sauvignon style.  It has mouthwatering aromas of gooseberry and green capsicum, combined with hints of cut grass.  Medium bodied, with vibrant passion fruit and citrus flavours, and a crisp finish, it makes a delicious partner for seafood and the grilled white fish Sam catches in the Marlborough Sound.

Sarah:  I'm thinking ultra-ripe fruit might not be the way to go... just regular ripe might be better.  Plus, anything with hints of cut grass, doesn't sound very appealing to me.  I'm not exactly loving this wine, it's WWAAYYY to sweet for me.  Maybe I need some of that white fish, instead of the tootsie pops and marshmallows I've been stuffing my face with, I'm just not feeling it.  But, none the less, I'm drinking two glasses, because after the day I've had, it's better than nothing!

Sarah says:  What was up with today?  Everyone in this home was grouchy.  Both kids woke up in bad moods... I'm pretty sure it was the combination of staying up late and living up it yesterday (ie. eating more junk food that normal) that got to them, but man oh man, all day long it was one whining fest!  They were breaking rules, fighting with each other, fighting with us, crying, screaming, jumping on things they aren't allowed to jump on, complaining, just being awful.  This quickly forced any good mood that was in me, out.  I tried all sorts of tactics to improve the moods.  Games, jokes, tickles, hugs.. nothing worked!  I took Mary to gymnastics, one of her favorite things, she complained that it was too cold in the gym.  I sent the kids outside to run around and play, the complained that I wouldn't let them have hot chocolate once coming in (no sweets today, we're trying to come down from yesterday's sugar high).  I took them to the library, but they couldn't agree on a movie to rent.   I just kept thinking it would get better, for the most part, it didn't.

Well, until this happened:



What!?  Is that what I think it is??  My Liam is... READING!!  Yes, yes he is!!  WWWHOOOOO HOOOO!!!!

Ok, as awesome as this last minute turn of events was (which totally rocked my world, and restored all hope for my children, as I was beginning to think they were taken over by the devil), we were all still grouchy, and everyone went to bed early.  Including me.  Here's to hoping everyone wakes up in a better mood tomorrow.

How to do you handle a bad mood?


No comments:

Post a Comment