Wednesday, May 15, 2013

M.Lawrence Sex

Description on the bottle:  M. Lawrence sparkling wines are hand-crafted in small batches using fine grapes from planet earth.  The bubbles in these seriously fun wines are produced by fermentation in the cool close method.

Sarah says:  First of all, I'm thrilled that these grapes are from planet earth, what a relief.  Second of all, this wine was seriously fun! (Although most wines are after you drink the whole bottle)  This was my first experience with a sparkling wine.  It was delicious.  It has the bubbles of champagne, and the fruitiness of wine.  We ordered this bottle while out on Mother's Day - this light and fruity wine would have been perfect for sitting outside on a warm evening, chatting and flirting.  It was great, even though we were freezing our butts off in silly Michigan.  I would definately get this again.

Overall rating:  Thumbs way up!

Sarah says:  Sometimes I'm like a little kid.  The name of this wine, Sex, had me giggling like a school girl.  I just can't believe someone actually named their wine that!  You really would have thought I was a 14 year old boy with my silly reaction.  We just HAD to order it. 

Although I was allowed to kick back and act goofy on Mother's Day - tonight I grew up a little.  I had the opportunity to acquire some new clothes today - the frugal me never passes up "hand me downs".  As I was going through the bags and trying things on, I noticed myself picking items that were more "grown up" than my typical stuff.  I was proud of my smart decisions - things that I might have previously considered boring, are now conservative and simple, and conservative and simple is what I like!  By the time I finished, I had a large stack of stuff, and no where to put it. 


The "no longer good for me" pile
So, I cleaned out the closet a bit - out came the items that were too tight - memories from college that I was still holding onto.  Out came the pants that have been waiting 3 years for me to loose those last 5 lbs - I've finally come to terms with my body, and am pretty content with wearing the next size up.  Out came things that were stained - I've always held strong to the argument that I can wear them underneath something, but the reality is, I'm not going to and I just don't need to hang onto them anymore.  Out came the items that took too much time to care for, ironing, dry cleaning, hand washing, no way - if I can't pop it in the washer and dryer, it's not for me.  Out came the things that showed too much boob - because the reality is I haven't had boobs since I stopped nursing, and these shirts just look bad on me now.  Out came the pants that bunch in funny spots when I sit down - because it's just not worth it to feel self conscious all day - I have too many other things to be doing than shifting my pants around all the time.  In went my new simple, classy, clothes - clothes that can be accessorized with jewelery - instead of seeing how tight I can suck in my belly.  I think I'm going to be more comfortable and look a tad more mature, I'm looking forward to trying out some of my new things!

Where do you need to do a little growing up?

No comments:

Post a Comment